Wednesday, April 20, 2016

100 Word Challenge Week #14

Banana For Candy


"Ding dong!" I grab the candy box and go downstairs.
"Trick or treat!" A small little girl dressed up as a lady bug smiles. Grabbing the candy, I put my hand in the box and felt nothing but wrappers. All the candy was gone, someone had eaten it! Although I couldn't go and create an FBI investigation, the little girl was getting impatient.  Feeling bad I say,
" One second...I need another box." I sprint up the stairs to find any candy lying around. I couldn't find any candy... so I gave her a banana. The word got around that I gave a banana. Nobody came back.

5 comments:

  1. Just so you know, a candy wrapper is spelt wrappers. Not rappers, because that is the plural version of rapper. As in the dudes that sing/talk to music. The sentence where you gave her a banana is a little confusing. I like your story, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try so I gave her a banana also in the sentence the word got around that I gave a banana say I gave out a banana. funny story very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative story outside the box. One thing I have to say is you might want to use more deceptive language. Otherwise it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the ending. It made me laugh.
    Consider checking the verb tense of your story. It switches between past and present tense.
    Also, maybe begin a new line after the quotes at the beginning of your story.
    Maybe an exclamation mark after "someone had eaten it"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your story! But I think the end is sort of bare. Also, you have an extra space between a letter and a apostrophe.

    ReplyDelete